New plant in Malaysia on track to open late 2018 in furtherance of United Caps’ ‘Close to You’ strategy
United Caps, an international manufacturer of caps and closures, has announced that it will be exhibiting for the second time at Propak Asia, scheduled for 13-16 June 2018 at the Bangkok International Trade Exhibition Centre. United Caps will be located in the French Industrial Pavilion, Stand BN21 in Hall 102, at the show, where visitors will be treated to a wide range of innovative caps and closure solutions.
“With the upcoming opening of our new manufacturing plant in Malaysia,” said Benoît Henckes, CEO of United Caps, “we are looking forward to having an increased presence in the Asian market, and Propak is an excellent venue to introduce ourselves to new customers and catch up with existing ones. We will be demonstrating a range of closures for infant nutrition and agrochemicals that will be locally produced in the Malaysia plant, scheduled to open at the end of 2018. Our Asian customers will, of course, have access to the entire United Caps portfolio, as well as our renowned bespoke development services. We look forward to greeting visitors during the show and learning more about their business requirements for caps and closures, as well as sharing our story and our ‘Close to You’ strategy.”
At the Show
While United Caps will have its full portfolio on display at the show, visitors will want to spend extra time with three especially innovative standard closures that will be highlighted at the show. These include:
- Produces nearly double the capping speeds of traditional closures.
- Is the lightest snap closure on the market.
- Has a superior surface finish that makes it successful, especially in the Asian markets.
50 and 63 PROSLIT
- Superb stress cracking resistance in this UN-compliant closure with standard PE foam and induction heat seal (HIS) liner.
- Full PA/PET chemical barrier, making it a safe and reliable closure for all chemical products.
- Innovative 360° wheel design offering outstanding grip for easier opening.
- “Flexband” tamper evidence ensures end user confidence and authenticity of all chemical products.
- Wide variety of branding options for maximum shelf standout.
- Flip-top hinged closure whose innovative design allows one-handed preparation of feeding bottles.
- Contamination-free foil-sealed chamber protects the included scoop until use; an integrated hook keeps the scoop handy for further use. The scoop’s thumb-shaped handle makes it easy to use.
- Standard scoop with dosing range from 8 to 13 ml; no restriction on scoop shape.
- The incorporated levelling device ensures precise dosing of milk powder.
- Recently named by market research firm Euromonitor International as one of the two best baby food closure solutions available in the market.
“I’m pleased to be sharing the United Caps story with Propak attendees,” states Sebastien Hottlet, Business Director APAC at United Caps. “We are in the process of expanding our sales and distribution channels in the Asian market to better serve the region, and we will look forward to inviting new and potential customers to our Malaysian operation for a plant tour following its opening late this year. It is a very exciting time for us, and we truly believe our ‘Close to You’ strategy will receive a warm welcome at the show and into the future. Attendees will also learn how our lighter weight closures are greener, designed to meet customer needs while ensuring optimum productivity at the filling line. These lighter weight but fully functional closures use less material, which is ultimately good for the environment. At United Caps, we will continue to pursue additional sustainability initiatives into the future.”